DARK SHADOWS 620

 

DARK SHADOWS 620

“Cassandra has come back as Angelique.”

 

“I do not lie.” 

 

“Later, I’ll tell you everything later.” 

 

“Once I had it too. Once others felt drawn to me as I am to you now. Did I understand then the feelings, the regrets, the hatred that they must have had for me then.”

 



Vicki. The reprise is very close to the original but it IS slightly different so refilmed. Julia voice over reprise. Then from her mouth, Julia says, “It’s Angelique Collins!”  rather than last weeks, “It..it’s…”

 

Julia talks and then has a voice over. “Cassandra has come back as Angelique.”

 

 

She goes into the house and is almost immediately cornered by Adam. Adam is ill however and she worries. She asks to search the house and he tells her Barnabas is not here. “I do not lie.”  Sure, he does. And has.

 

He rises again after sitting and tells her to go and find Barnabas to make them both well but warns her to stay out of this house.

 

Vicki brings Barnabas the cross in the west wing room. She asks why she can’t get him to a hospital or to get Julia. He tells her he needs no one but her and nothing but the cross. She has already saved his life just by bringing him here. He passes out.

 

Angelique picks leaves apart in the woods and get a voice over, wondering how Barnabas could ever leave that hut. She summons Barnabas to come to her, knowing he has the strength somehow. She returns to the House by the Sea and uses the mirror, asking it to help her now. She sees Barnabas at Collinwood in the West Wing secret room (?) with the cross. This makes her scream which brings Adam.

 

Angelique asks him to help her but he is afraid of her and refuses. It’s funny that this tall, big man is afraid of little Angelique who tells half the truth: Barnabas has the cross which stops her but she also lies that Barnabas is out to kill Eve. She tells him to do what he will to Victoria Winters but she must have Barnabas come to her.

 

Barnabas almost dropped the cross off him. His stirring over Angelique wakes her up and himself. Vicki stops and thinks as if she is having or will have a voice over but she does not. She then responds verbally as if she DID. “He’ll die if I don’t.”  She leaves and Adam is outside the door listening but hides as she passes by. He goes into Barnabas.

 

Adam takes the cross and knocks a resisting Barnabas down. Angelique watched from the mirror. Amid all kind of background noise, Angelique resummons Barnabas again.

 

Vicki goes to the Old House to find Julia who comes from one of those stage right back doors. Vicki asks how Julia knew Barnabas was sick and Julia says she will explain later. “Later, I’ll tell you everything later.”  Vicki thinks he is dying. They exit and we stay on the Old House door area interior for a while.

 

Angelique watches as Barnabas rises to her summons and heads for the woods where she meets him. Before she leaves, Adam tries to give her the cross which he thinks gives Barnabas power. She reacts badly to him holding it at her. She flees, ordering him to destroy it.

 

 

Vicki and Julia find Barnabas has gone.

 

“What is this power of yours?”  What? He should know.

 

He then says, “Once I had it too. Once others felt drawn to me as I am to you now. Did I understand then the feelings, the regrets, the hatred that they must have had for me then.”

 

As he talks, she looks regretful, “Hatred that you feel for now.”

 

“You never gave up did you?”

 

“I have loved you for so long.”

 

He reminds her Adam will die. “I don’t care about Adam.” 

 

He tells her she should be afraid of Nicholas as he is. When Barnabas dies, Adam will die as well.

 

She explains Nicholas wants to be human and every day he behaves like a mortal man.

 

Vicki to Julia, “IDU how he could have left, he was so weak.” When Julia tells her that only she and Willie will find Barnabas, not Roger and the others, Vicki says, “IDU.”

 

Julia asks, “Do you have to?”

 

Angelique has bitten Barnabas again. It seems as if the bite was edited out?

 

Delirious and dying, Barnabas claims he loved Vicky. Angelique says as he will love her now and forever. The rooster sounds off at nearly dawn. They will find his body here and their spirits will meet and he will be as she is forever.

 

Credits are five seconds and over the West Wing room.

 

 

 

 

 Dark Shadows bloopers to watch out for:

When Barnabas falls to the floor unconscious, the camera pulls back and reveals that Angelique has been watching him through the magic mirror. At that moment, there is a ton of studio noise — people walking around, moving things, creaking doors. Something squeaks, and something knocks against metal.

Barnabas tells Angelique that Nicholas will be “angry enough to come to our coffins with a hatchet, and a mallet.” He means a mallet and stake.

The set design gets even shabbier when we see Adam enter the west wing room — the hall outside is now just a couple of plain beige walls.

 

From DS Every Day:

So where do they end up, after going through this secret magic door that no one’s used for years? Adam’s room! This is the place where they spent the whole summer pretending that it was completely isolated and abandoned, while a long line of visitors filed in and out, up to and including the exact person that Barnabas is currently trying to hide from. Everyone has used this door. I’m surprised Mrs. Johnson isn’t here dusting right now.

I mean, they moved one of the walls and put the bed in a different spot, but it’s the same damn room. I spent too much of my life staring at that tore-up window shade not to recognize it now. I know this room better than the house I grew up in.



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DARK SHADOWS 597

DARK SHADOWS 599

DARK SHADOWS 603