DARK SHADOWS 611

 

DARK SHADOWS 611



“You weren’t a very nice person in your other life.”

 

“Now I understand why I have the urge to kill Adam.”

 

“Nicholas, are you in love with Maggie Evans?”


 “And it is not possible for people to come back from the dead. We both understand that. Now, good night.”



 

 

KLS. New material. VERY quick reprise. A few different added words. “I was right. Jeff Clark really is Peter Bradford and I love him. I love him!” She stands up to Nicholas, “I’m going to be with him and you can’t stop me.”   I love it!

 

The time of the pre credits teaser is 1:25.

 

Philip and Eve came to America together. Eve stabbed him in the back with a knife. She has the urge to do the same to Adam. She calls Nicholas’ bluff about him punishing her, if he was going to do it, he already would have. She leaves as Adam sees her go.

 

Eve leaves Adam and Blair talk. Adam asks why she went out and Nicholas says IDK. “You don’t?” Adam asks.

 

 

Adam calls Collinwood, Collinswood. Adam does not like “this place” but Blair tells him to leave him alone, he has to think. 

 

Adam wants to leave; he no longer cares about his face and the scars. Blair says, “Well, I don’t know how I’m going to make her (Eve) happy but I will think of something.”

 

Blair vs Adam, quite strongly this time. Blair tells Adam that Adam does not make the decisions around here. Blair wants to go but wants to take Maggie Evans with them. Adam asks, child like, “Nicholas, are you in love with Maggie Evans?” 

 

 

Note: Nicholas either didn’t care or didn’t know but he never confronts them about them going to Carolyn to live at Collinwood. He also seems to be losing control over Adam and Eve here.

 

 

Jeff smokes. Eve enters his apartment room and bumps into a rocking chair and sets it rocking. Jeff says Peter died 200 years ago. Mike Shadow. Eve finds out more about Vicki…from big mouth Jeff. Eve tells Jeff she and he were almost married. She once more brings up that they were almost married almost 200 years ago. He kicks her out.

 

Maggie’s skirt looks like a giant pot holder. We see the Afghan on the couch.

 

 

Blair comes to her—she thought he had to work tonight and he did he lies but tells her he could not concentrate due to her. He proposes to her. She says “no,” gently. Blair takes it like a kind human being and it seems as if he means it!

 

He tells her she has no obligation to him. And he seems like he means that as well. He really does seem to love Maggie. Maggie tells him she is worried about Joe Haskell and that is the reason she has to say no. She might have said yes otherwise.

 

Last night, Maggie says, Joe tried to kill himself.

 

Eve at the house by the sea. Adam seems to have lost weight. When he tells her they are going to be leaving, thinking she will be happy, he notices she is not but she lies and says she is delighted. She now does not want to leave because of Peter/Jeff. She says good night and goes upstairs.

 

Adam touches his head, nose and mouth?!

 

 

Blair comes to Adam and tells him they have to wait longer before they all leave.

 

Blair wants Maggie to come to him willingly. Adam wants Blair’s final decision soon…tomorrow.

 

 

Blair summons Harry, is grateful when Harry comes expediently (when Blair says “You made good time, Harry, I appreciate that, ” some kind of ping sound becomes heard), and tells him he wants him to poison Joe’s medicine at the Old House. Harry says he cannot do that but Nicholas asks him if he has to discipline him. He even provides Harry with the poison that looks like water.        

                   

 

NOTE: If Nicholas needs Harry to poison Joe, he must not be as powerful as he’s been written up by the writers to us to be.

 

“And by tomorrow morning, Joe Haskell…will be dead.”

 

Credits: staircase and door of House By the Sea.



Dark Shadows bloopers to watch out for:

I don’t know what to do with Jeff pretending to smoke a cigarette; it’s honestly one of the most baffling things I’ve ever seen on the show. The cigarette is clearly not lit. And he’s not just sitting there with it in his mouth — when Eve knocks on the door, he pretends to take a last drag from it, and stubs it out in an ashtray. It can’t be that they’re not allowed to smoke on the set, because we’ve seen Julia do it several times. Maybe Roger Davis doesn’t smoke, but then why don’t you give him something else to do? On Dark Shadows, the default way to open a “knock on the door” scene is to have the person reading a book. Jeff even has a book; he picks it up and pretends to read it in the middle of his conversation with Eve. So why bother with the cigarette pantomime?  I can’t figure it out.

Adam tells Nicholas, “She’s been acting like this all evening — all night! First at Collinswood, then here!”

Jeff gets up from his chair and backs away from Eve, knocking a stool into the set of fireplace tongs with a clank.

Nicholas tells Maggie, “I am going to have to put all other matters aside, until I can get something str — settled with you.”


This site, DS EVERY DAY has a take on things that...is a take. He goes on about how the writers are not interested in romance and how the couples do not have chemistry. I see his point but I think they do have chemistry. And I'm not sure romance is what is going on between Maggie and Blair or Adam and Eve or Eve and Peter. 


From BEFORE i DIE:

John: Eve tells Peter that she looks different than she did 200 years ago, but didn't she look exactly the same when we saw her in her flashback last week?

Christine: Nice observation. You'd think under hypnosis she might see herself as she looked at the time, in addition to regaining her memory of who she once was. 

John: Blair's plan seems to be coming apart at the seams. If he can't control two man-made monsters, how can he control an army of them? And surely he must realize that killing Joe isn't just going to make Maggie comfortable about running off with him!

Christine: I thought it was interesting that he said Angelique would not be joining their merry group when they leave. Angelique may be delighted to know that. Why does he insist that Maggie come of her own free will instead of using his mojo to make her run away with him? Perhaps Blair truly does love Maggie to propose to her in her garish velour top and quilted pants ensemble.

 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DARK SHADOWS 597

DARK SHADOWS 599

DARK SHADOWS 603