ALL IN THE FAMILY-ALL'S FAIR, THE JEFFERSONS MOVE UP, MIKE MAKES HIS MOVE, THE VERY MOVING DAY, MIKE'S PAINS, CHAIN LETTER, MIKE FACES LIFE
ALL IN THE
FAMILY-season five and six
ALL’S FAIR
This is
probably the best of the latest ones I’ve watched, mostly due to Edith’s fair
fight methods. Archie hates more of Edith’s family even the ones that like him.
The episode is funny but not hilarious and in fact, none of this batch is hilarious.
It also ends without a resolution, which I hate but understand.
THE
JEFFERSONS MOVE UP
The only
good parts of this is Edith’s good bye to Louise and a bit of Lionel but once
the Jeffersons leave and we do not see Edith or anyone from ALL IN THE FAMLY, I
was done. I was out of there. THE JEFFERSONS is not a funny show and this pilot
is tedious. The characters are only funny when interacting with those from ALL
IN THE FAMILY.
MIKE MAKES
HIS MOVE
An okay
episode mostly due to Archie’s reactions but nothing memorable really. Mike and
Gloria will take the house next to Archie and Edith.
THE VERY
MOVING DAY
A moving
episode but again, not funny, more about real life as Gloria announces she’s
pregnant again (“Good girls don’t get pregnant, they’re expecting!”) and Archie’s
and Edith’s reactions to this are warm and fuzzy. Archie even says he likes
Mike and that Mike is all right. Mike blaming Gloria for enticing him is
definitely a conflict but it also makes Mike a jerk again. He’s a real nasty
person. He is not all right.
MIKE’S PAINS
I think we
finally see Sybil Ghoulie. This episode wasn’t bad but it wasn’t funny…at all,
really. Archie’s talk is getting more and more idiotic and doesn’t even make
sense some of the time.
CHAIN LETTER
Not a fan.
Not funny. Can’t remember much about this other than Irene sends a chain letter
that Archie breaks.
MIKE FACES
LIFE
I loathe
episodes where Archie is taken out of the picture. One phone call from him
lightens this up but it’s mostly about Gloria getting fired for being pregnant.
I almost fell asleep and while it makes a good point, it’s just not all that
funny.
So not sure
I should review these any more. I’m just not that into the show any longer and
yet…the good thoughts and feelings about it remain. I enjoy watching the show
but am finding less and less great things to say about it.
Comments
Post a Comment